Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Time To Write

Le Sigh.

I do so wish I had more time to write. I've had an itch to write for months now - I don't have any particular subject in mind, I just long to have time to get pen to paper.

I've toyed with the idea of starting a new blog, one unrelated to narcissism. I have some story ideas bouncing around in my head but nothing even remotely concrete. There's just no time: Our house projects are numerous and all-consuming; school is coming to a close and I've been heavily involved in various pursuits to get my children the aids and services they need in school; and I go to bed with the kids these days to boot. Sometimes after I get the Littles snuggled into bed and we've completed our bedtime routine (teeth brushing, baths, reading - we're nearly finished with Book Six in the Harry Potter series), I sit in bed with a cup of tea and a book or my smart phone (and pinterest). And sure enough, 15 minutes in to my "do whatever I want" time, I generally fall asleep.

So, not much time for writing. But, I do have plans to turn one of our quirky unused rooms into a writing nook. So maybe once that project gets underway, I'll make the time to write again - even if it's at 3 A.M. (That's when I do all my best writing anyway.)

That's all for now!

XOXO

Jonsi

6 comments:

  1. I like your post cards from a normal life when ever you find the time to write them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Q. I enjoy writing those post cards. :)

      Delete
  2. When I see you have a new post up my immediate response is a happy face and a quick screen swipe! Thanks! It's great to hear from you any time.
    TW

    ReplyDelete
  3. [[TW]] <-----that's me, hugging you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I wouldn't trade my time for anything, even writing. I love writing, but I love my kids and DH even more. 😊

      Delete