Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ladybug Rings

Just wanted to take a minute to show off my new wedding and engagement ring, which one of my oldest and dearest friends, Sara Pancoast (established 7th grade, 1998) designed and fabricated after I discovered that I had developed an allergy to my original rings. (New rings pictured below, which can also be found on Sara's website, under the "Personal Work" section of her portfolio, by the name of "ladybug rings")


I wanted to show them off, both for the sake of making a shameless plug for Sara (who is and has always been very talented and artistic - we still have records of our seventh and eighth grade notes, from which I can attest that even Sara's stick figures far surpassed mine in both design and execution) but also because these rings are such an obvious symbol of mine and DH's love for each other. I also think it important to note here that DH was not hurt or offended when I told him, much as I loved the design of my original rings, I considered them to be too "bulky" and was happy with having the opportunity to have them redesigned. The reason why this is such a big deal is because I think it's a mark of strength that DH wasn't hurt by my opinions of the rings he had picked out for me, that he didn't take it as a personal slight. We've come a long way in that regard.

And as for my shameless plug: Sara is a wonderfully talented artist and a very dear friend of mine, so I see no problem in directing anyone interested to her for any jewelry needs. Her work on these rings included the dis-assembly of my original rings, as well as the complete redesign and fabrication of the new ones. Her knowledge about metals and stonework is extensive.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! Understated and elegant.
    TW

    ReplyDelete
  2. As many wedding rings as I have paid for. I will hold off on commenting on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I really like the engraving of that sail boat on that bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was a different person, I'd be jealous of her talent. But who's got time for that? I'm just happy she's found her niche and she's so good at it.

      Delete
  4. So lovely! I checked out Sara's webpage, her work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! She's so talented - she comes from a family of talent so it's no surprise. On top of being artistically inclined, she's also musically inclined. And brilliant. And just such a wonderfully kind and thoughtful person. Thank you for checking out her work.

      Delete
  5. They're gorgeous Jonsi. I love the idea of using colored stones for wedding rings, more than diamonds. Her work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well, Gladys. I have to say, Sara didn't pick out the stones - that was DH's idea (at my request.) I had never wanted diamonds in my wedding rings. I'd always thought colored stones would be so much more unique. Who says it's gotta be diamonds, right?

      Delete