Thursday, February 14, 2013

Roger That

I consider the following to be evidence that Exhibit A not only received DH's recent email, but that she felt threatened by the truth within it: Sometime, either late last night or early this morning, she made her tweets private and I know without a doubt that it was in direct relation to DH's message.

Well, Hallelujah friends. She got the message. Whether or not she accepts the invitation to have a dialog about her thoughts on what either one of us has to say is up in the air, but I'm content just knowing that our statement has been received. Some of my satisfaction is due, in part, to the unconscious desire I had to take the devil by the horns; for it wasn't truly Exhibit A personally we were after, but what she stands for. And now we can say we've done that: we've offered our truths to an entity that is mindfully ignorant on it's best day, and maliciously cruel on it's worst. Exhibit A is a fair representation of DH's past - a past he will have to fight off for the rest of his life.

I don't know how long she'll keep that shit under wraps - my guess is she's too narcissistic to keep it that way for long (you know, there's not much attention to be garnered from an account that's closed off from the entire world) but I just want to say that I count this as a big fat win in my book: short of her actually voicing an opinion to one of us directly, that was about the closest thing to confirmation that we could have gotten. She knows we've seen her and more importantly, she knows we've seen through her. Add to that the fact that she's now contained her noxious verbal vomit to the confines of her friends list and I'd say we've got a double win on our hands, not so much because she's likely to keep that shit private forever, but because she felt intimidated by our truths enough to privatize it at all.

Is she going to take a direct bite here? Doubtful. Instead, I'm sure she's out there whispering behind her hands and talking shit on her now private twitter account about whatever it is she thinks is going on here. Gossip is what she does best, after all. When it comes to conflict resolution, like NMIL, there is none to be had. In fact, her response to DH's invitation was very reminiscent of the way NSIL responded to her invitation from DH not too long ago. DH invited both of these girls to see his truth for themselves and they both openly ignored him. With NSIL, we had clear and visible proof of exactly what she thought of his attempt to communicate. With Exhibit A, I'm certain her [vapid] thoughts are not far off that mark. And, as with any fart in the wind, each thought she entertains stinks up the air for a few seconds and then quickly passes us by. And just that quick, she'll go back to pretending like this whole thing never happened; deceitfully blissful in her self-induced emotional coma. In fact, I propose that she already has. She couldn't very well admit to her cronies that any of this is actually true. That would just shatter her image.

And what I feel I need to say now is that I'm at peace. I am at peace with the idea that this bitch is never going to step up to the plate in order to have a conversation on our terms. I am at peace with the knowledge that they will continue talking their shit until the end of time because they have nothing better to do. I am at peace with the chance that the entire cast of characters from DH's past will never stop pretending that their old pal DH-the-Doormat is still in there somewhere and that he'll come out someday if they can just free him from the dungeon I must surely have him locked up in. I am at peace with the fact that it is not my job to talk sense into the senseless or reason with those who cannot be reasoned with. I feel our declaration has been delivered and duly noted. As with all the narcissists we've ever attempted to communicate with, what Exhibit A does with it is her prerogative.

10 comments:

  1. Chuckling at the mental image I have of the airhead saying, "I'll show them! Now they won't be able to read my tweets!"

    I'm guessing you guys are devastated as you try to soldier on without her pearls of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulderfan, we are like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO torn up about it. Like, totally, LITERALLY sooooooooo saaaaad that we don't get to see what she has to sayyyyy! Like gawd!

      Delete
  2. Plain, unvarnished truth is the most BORING THING EVAH. To a narc, it is the equivalant (sp?) of tofu. Like popcorn with no butter. Non-alcoholic beer. WHAT IS THE POINT? There is no fun in truth, no titillating whispering in the halls between classes (these people are eternally in Jr. Hi)

    They don't just dislike truth. They give it such a W I D E berth! They'll cross the street to get away from it. Change seats on the train.

    Because the truth is like numbers in that it simply IS. It adds up, it is AN ANSWER. Even if you decorate it, those trinkets of gossip can be scraped off and look! There is the truth, still there, un-changeable.

    Narcs prefer silly putty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what though? It's so liberating to have offered it. Now we know they just plain aren't interested in it, and it's all really kind of funny. They sit there and talk about DH for YEARS, but when he reaches out to them they're like, "Nah. We weren't ACTUALLY interested in you at all. We just wanted to gossip." So here we are, in this world running tangent to theirs, and yet we're fucking light years ahead of them. What a bunch of fucking nutters.

      Delete
  3. I can just see how this went down when it was received:
    "#EWWWWW! TRUTH! princessprobs
    #Bitches, bring me a (cholesterol/calorie-laden) sammy NOW! princessprobs"
    TW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha! You've pretty much summed up the entirety of that bimbo's tweeting history.

      Delete
  4. My second toe is 1.5 millimeters longer than my big toe
    #call the waaaaahmbulance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had more time in my life, I'd totally make a joke twitter account where I'd just write Exhibit A-style tweets by Q.

      Delete
  5. ***** She knows we've seen her and more importantly, she knows we've seen through her. Add to that the fact that she's now contained her noxious verbal vomit to the confines of her friends list and I'd say we've got a double win on our hands, not so much because she's likely to keep that shit private forever, but because she felt intimidated by our truths enough to privatize it at all. *******
    Who else do you know that has a public for disseminating her "truth" and a private one for dogging people behind their backs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmmmmmm let me guess. OH I KNOW! Every narcissist I've ever met, known for any length of time, read about, or otherwise learned of it's existence?

      Delete