Friday, January 25, 2013

The Difference

I don't know who this woman is but I have decided to devote a small portion of my free time to finding out:

"The difference between my darkness and your darkness is that I can look at my own badness in the face and accept its existence while you are busy covering your mirror with a white linen sheet. The difference between my sins and your sins is that when I sin I know I'm sinning while you have actually fallen prey to your own fabricated illusions. I am a siren, a mermaid; I know that I am beautiful while basking on the ocean's waves and I know that I can eat flesh and bones at the bottom of the sea. You are a white witch, a wizard; your spells are manipulations and your cauldron from hell yet you wrap yourself in white and wear a silver wig."

- C. Joybell C.

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what you find out.

    That has always been my assertion to DH about his mom and brother. I don't care that they are fucked up or flawed or selfish asses. Everyone needs work. What gets my goat is that these fuckers REFUSE to acknowledge that they might not be perfect. That they need to work on anything, or could learn anything from anyone, or don't have all the damn answers all the damn time.
    You can't have a relationship with someone who refuses to live in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rings true, especially with my NPs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about a bumper sticker, "Don't judge me just because I sin differently than you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO spot on. Thank you for this. I might borrow it? Hope you don't mind. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all. Pass along the awesomeness!

      Delete