Thursday, January 31, 2013

27

Today is my birthday and I am happy. Happy because I have everything I have always dreamed of having and it is a blissful life. My closest friends and loved ones still email me and call to wish me well. My dad called this morning to sing happy birthday to me. My best friend invited us over for dinner and I made pink and blue and purple mini cupcakes for our kids to decorate. DD was giddy with excitement while I was putting the cupcakes in the oven. "Are we going to have a birthday party for me?" She asked. I explained to her that today it's my birthday, but that I will gladly share my birthday cupcakes with her and we could have a little party at her aunt and uncle's house. I think she's most excited to decorate the cupcakes. When I asked her if she wanted to, she said, "Oh, yes. I think that's a good idea Mama." She wanted to see each one of the trays before I put them in the oven.

Her excitement reminds me of what it was like to be a little girl. It was a magical time. Everything was full of wonder and pixy dust. Now, DD is full of those things and it never ceases to amaze me: how beautiful this life is, how quickly it's flying by, how important it is to me to enjoy every moment of it. I love it, all of it. I have chosen this life for myself and I am proud of it. As I near thirty, I'm keeping in mind what my mother has always said about each stage of life: there is something good in each milestone. From birth to death, there is something to enjoy and something to look forward to. Twenty seven will be a good year for me. DH and I are looking forward to growing our family, and we've reached new milestones in our marriage. We're working hard to build a more solid foundation for ourselves and our children. I believe we are succeeding.

As for me, specifically, my only plans today are to clean my house, have dinner with my brothers and parents, decorate cupcakes with the kiddles, and come home and open a few presents with DH. It's nothing extravagant, but it doesn't have to be. It's my life and I love it just the way it is.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jonsi! Enjoy, you lil' "youngster" and dedicated "ULB!" You bet, life truly IS an adventure at every age and stage. How great it is to see the world through the eyes of your kiddos and celebrate with all who truly love you just for being who you are!
    Warmest Wishes,
    TW-the-old widow and Troubs-the geriatric-cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonsi,
    Happy Birthday to you my lovely friend!
    Your birthday plans sound fantastic; surrounded by those who matter the most and getting to just... be. Thanks for sharing the essence of your Jonsi-ness with all of us out here, and for always telling the Truth.

    I hope that you and your kiddos and loved ones enjoy the cupcakes and the celebration of your day!
    Love,
    Vanci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I think kids love cupcakes because they see them as kiddie sized cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy birthday, Jonsi! Have a wonderful day and may the best be yet to come.

    Love, VR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Jonsi! Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Jonsi! I hope you had a beautiful day.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Have a wonderful day! I can't believe you're so young! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! 1/31 is my mom's birthday as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Jonsi!! I understand what you mean about loving life - even the goopy, icky, clogged-drain times. Because those are all the things that go to make up a life. You are SO far ahead of the game, as far as I'm concerned, because you SEE so much earlier than I did.

    Here is a Birthday Song for you, imagine all the ULBs playing and singing this beautiful song just for you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_GNu8jaSA

    We love you Jonsi - and appreciate your voice SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday :) Sounds like a great day to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, thanks you guys. I feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Jonsi! We're the same age! Good to hear you have great plans for your birthday! Best wishes always.

    ReplyDelete