Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Postcards From Hell

Just got a delightful anonymous comment on this post, and I figured I'd bring it to the forefront and poke at it a little bit:

You guys are honestly all idiots. You honestly want to be in Hell? I don't care what you've been through in life, or how many loved ones you have lost (I've lost both my parents and recently my best friend since I was in 1st Grade) because there is -NOTHING- on this Earth or in this life that would ever compare the pain that Hell brings. You think your lonely or hated in life? With 6 billion people on this planet, one of them will love you no matter how hard you try to make them hate you by acting like a depressed little idiot who thinks the world revolves around them and their problems. You lost people you cared for? Humans die, its part of life. Of course its not easy, its not suppost to be easy, but you put it behind you and live for what will happen in the future.

It doesn't matter if everyone on Earth hated you and all your friends died because of you, because the pain you would feel from that is nothing compared to what Hell feels like. You can never imagine the pain because Hell is beyond human comprehension or measure and lasts for eternity, and don't even try to make yourself look like a bigger idiot by saying that you want that pain, because Hell was designed to torment and make everything in it suffer endlessly- there is no part of the torture that you would ever enjoy. If you are serious about thinking that Hell would be a better place than this, then you truly are a complete idiot; get over yourselves and stop crying about something that -you- can change, your life.


Ohhhh Anon, Anon, Anon. Please, let me explain to you about a little thing called METAPHOR. Because, you see, when my friends and I were talking about how living with a narcissist is a bit like Hell on Earth, it was a metaphor. (That means they were saying that living with narcissists is really, really bad.) Did you...did you really think that my friends here had been to The Actual Hell? That they had experienced being burned alive and having red hot pokers shoved into their eyelids for all eternity and shit like that? Anon, they were just making comparisons between the literary world of Hell, as described by Dante, and their own personal worlds living with narcissists. My friends and fellow-bloggers were speaking about the EMOTIONAL pain that inevitably comes with the abuses they've suffered at the hands of fellow human beings.

Your ignorant bible-thumping really comes through in this comment. Only bible-thumping freaks such as yourself can really sit around claiming that THEY are the only ones who know what Hell is really like, without ever having seen it themselves. Or...wait...have you seen it? I mean, 'cause if you have, then I'd REALLY like a picture or something. Or perhaps a descriptive narrative about what you experienced there?

Or, is it that you've never actually been to Hell and you just seem to think that whatever personal hell you've lived through trumps the personal hells of me and my friends here? I mean, WAS the death of your parents and best friends even a personal hell for you at all? Or have you put it behind you already and you're now living for the future? I mean, if you have, then good for you and shit like that. But if you haven't and you're just being a hypocrite (I'm putting my vote in for the latter) then you MIGHT wanna reconsider your thoughts on the matter.

And you know...I CAN think of a few sadists who probably WOULD enjoy Hell. There are people who enjoy a little slap with their tickle, if you know what I mean Anon-o.

18 comments:

  1. I've noticed narc's lay adjectives and adverbs on thick. "I honestly and fully suggest that you are highly and severely fucked up. You are actually in utter and desperate need of some common and basic humanity".
    They think a lot of words make them appear intelligent.
    Dumb fucks in the comments section may be larger nit wits than their comment makes them appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Hell is empty and all the devils are here.'
    ~William Shakespeare

    See anon? Even The Bard uses hell as a metaphor.

    PLUS! I like your use of the word 'honestly'!! You like it too! I can tell! I HONESTLY (<--see?!) think we like the same things! SQUEEE!

    (sorry Jonsi. I'm REALLY sorry. Hanging my head sorry. *digs toe in ground* I made fun of your commenter. I'm going to hell HAHAHAHA gah, sorry again.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gladys, you kill me. We're just going to have to send you to Hell in a hand basket. Sheeit.

      Delete
  3. That's H-E-double hockey sticks to you Gladys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFT35S7Jb4

    Thanks for the laugh, Jonsi. For some reason this anon's ramblings reminded me of this scene from Mean Girls. Albeit a little more hellfire and brimestone but I can imagine the same person years later sobbing to her cats about the fact they are going to hell all because she's drunk and lonesome. lol that's kinda mean but totally what it brings to mind. For the record I love Dante's inferno and Billy Shakespeare's works and do love a good metaphor. that anyone would take it literally is a bit extreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      "ANON DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!"

      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

      Thanks Gracie. That was fantastic.

      Delete
  5. Well Hell's Bells! ;-)

    Might I refer your anonymous reader to Job, chapter 1 verse 7?

    And also remind this 'considerate' and 'compassionate' anonymous poster that 'turning the other cheek' is a good thing? You don't like what Jonsi's writing? Then don't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jonsi, (I am shaking my head) the shame of it all daring to say that abusive situations can be likened to hell... without ever being there yourself. The whole rant just strikes me as silly and absurd. Sarcasm done now. (Really need a sarcasm font. Whoever events it will make millions.) I noticed on more than one occassion people trying to 'compare' emotional pain. Abuse hurts. Full stop. No need to say who's is better or worse. What makes the Anon think you were talking about them at all...hmmmm I smell a narcissistic which is a step below a rat. IMO. :) Keep writing and letting people validate their own pain. If they don't like what is writen the back arrow gets them out. Oh wait no, they want you to back out. Nope, I don't see that happening. Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm offended by the capitalization of Hell and Earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you? I can't tell if you're joking, Vi.

      Delete
  8. Oh. And I hang in purgatory. I've got s sweet house in it. So I have a say so in the grammar wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! You were kidding about the capitalization. You had me worried for a minute!

      Delete
  9. Ah Jonsi, I love how you referred to anon as "Anon-o." Were you channeling Javier Bardem's character from No Country For Old Men..."Friend-O?" HAHA

    ~DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! The ending needed a little 'tude, you know?

      Delete
  10. Hi Jonsi, This 'comment' you posted here is from a mentally insane person..., really really toxic. Why give people like this a stage? They thrive the attention I think. JD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JD,

      I don't truly "moderate" comments. I put everything through because I welcome comments from all, even the crazy people. And I wanted to use this particular one as a talking point.

      You ARE right, of course. It's attention for them. But sometimes I like to bring them up to center stage for analysis. They can get their jollies out of it if they want to. ;)

      Delete
  11. Sorry Jonsi. Didn't mean to scare you. I've had a bad week. I have to check my sense of humor at the door sometimes and make sure people know I'm being silly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please, don't worry! I just didn't want to hurt your feelings.

      Delete