Friday, November 16, 2012

The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

In this kind of mood today. Thank you, Mr. Paul Williams.

What Would They Say
by: Paul Williams

What would they say
If we up and ran away
From the roaring crowds
And the worn out city faces
Would they carry on and on
When they found out we were gone
Or would they let us go
Would they tag along
Or would they know to

Leave us alone
We'd live in the country
Leave us alone
We'd make it just fine
Happy in a one room shack
And we'd not look back
Now would we

What would they do
If they found out we were through
With all the little lies
And the downtown aggravations
That we'd traded them away
For a quiet country day
That we had hoped to share
Would they try to find out
Where we were or

Leave us alone
We'd live in the country
Leave us alone
We'd make it just fine
Happy in a one room shack
And we'd not look back
Now would we

What would they say
If we up and ran away
Ran away

You and Me Against the World
by: Paul Williams

 You and me against the world
Sometimes it feels like you and me against the world
When all the others turn their back and walk away
You can count on me to stay

Remember when the circus came to town
And you were frightened by the clown
Wasn't it nice to be around
Someone that you knew
Someone who was big and strong
An lookin' out for

You and me against the world
Sometimes it feels like you and me against the world
And for all the times we've cried
I always felt the odds were on our side
And when one of us is gone
And one is left alone to carry on
Then remembering will have to do
Our memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you
Of you and me against the world

Life can be circus
They underpay and overwork us
Though we seldom get our due
And when each day is through
I bring my tired body home
And look around for you

You and me against the world
It feels like you and me against the world
And for all the times we've cried
I've always felt that God was on our side
And when one of us is gone
And one is left alone to carry on
Then remembering will have to do
Memories alone will get us through
Think about the days of me and you
You and me against the world

4 comments:

  1. I always loved "You and Me Against the World."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little hobbit turns up in the wildest places. I just saw him on RV, a Robin Williams flick, in the board room of this organic soft drink company. He's not in the credits and he is on screen maybe 4 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha - little hobbit - hahahahahaha.

      Delete