Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mama Bear Jonsi

Fellow blogger and friend, Mulderfan, sent me this e-card because it made her think of me. (Which is quite a compliment, I think).

Okay, so I'm not exactly quiet and reserved, but I am polite and many people have described me by using the word "sweet." I don't know if I buy that one, but I have always found it important to have manners, I'm well-spoken, and I'm not unfriendly. So sure, sweet.

The important thing is that I won't hesitate to rip you a new one if you mess with my children. Whether unknowingly or intentionally, don't mess with my babies. Don't attempt to intimidate or bully my children and expect that I won't take the bullet for them or that I won't teach them how to defend themselves. Don't show up at my kid's school expecting to pull one over on me and the teachers and expect that your ass won't get thrown in jail. Don't show up at our house or send our kids your blood money and expect that I won't ask you to leave, and call the police if you don't, or rip up your little "offers" and send them back to you in the mail. Don't believe for one second that my kids won't be armed with the truth. Don't think that you will ever have access to them so that you can use and manipulate them. Don't think that they are your possessions because you still view my husband as an object and expect that I won't be willing to fight to keep them safe for the rest of their lives. Don't think that you will ever be able to get close enough to them to control them.

Or think those things.

But know that you'll have to suffer my wrath if and when you ever attempt them. You haven't seen crazy until you've seen someone mess with Mama Bear Jonsi's babies. I am their defender and I take that job very seriously. I don't care if I end up looking like a growling slobbering lunatic. You mess with them, and you'll have to deal with me.

12 comments:

  1. They have no idea what to do with someone who sets a boundary and stringently enforces it. The thought of respecting any ones wishes never enters their mind.
    Like Hitler skirted the Maginot line, they just look for ways around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally the same with my son. I've ripped new ones for a couple people, including a weird neighbor who asked if he would come rake leaves on her property but said property was her dead husband's grave site which already had her name carved on the headstone. He was in middle school. She came over my house not long after to tell me how my son needed to do more charity work & blah blah blah.

    I told her to get out of my house and if she didn't do it herself, I'd pick her up and throw her out the door. I'm like 5' and don't weigh much. But I knew in that minute I could do it. Crazy old bat scaring my kid and being sneaky. I growl still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eew, that's creepy. I think it's worse when men take an interest in my children. Makes me want to chop off their wieners. I feel like there are a lot of predators out there and they all "look" relatively normal, but they tend to give out that creep-factor vibe. As a mom, you've got to listen to it and not question it. If I'm wrong, and I hurt some feelings, that matters less to me than if I'm right and my kid's safety is at risk.

      Delete
    2. Poop - I didn't mean to say that your story is "not so bad" when I said "it's worse when men take an interest." That just made light of something that was REALLY serious. My apologies, Vi.

      Male or female, predators are something to be taken seriously.

      Delete
  3. I didn't take your comment that way. :)

    The woman did drive my son out of our neighborhood without my permission. She's lucky I didn't stab her in the throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's...lunacy. She IS lucky you didn't stab her.

      Delete
  4. No apology required, btw. Meant to write that earlier.

    Also, this woman allegedly was a school child psychologist. Being a professional doesn't make you sane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, and I've really come to the conclusion that there are more crazies in fields like that because of the power trip they get in those types of positions.

      Delete
  5. The NGC always goes attacks my kid when he really wants to "get" to me. Pisses the hell out of me even though my "kid" is a thirty year old woman.

    If I wasn't maintaining radio silence, I'd have to tell him to grow a pair and go after the person he really hates...me! Then ripping him a new one would take on epic proportions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as he isn't attacking her directly, then I'd say maintain that radio silence. I don't care how old our kids are, I'd still put myself in the direct line of fire to keep them from harm.

      These narcs are bullies, first and foremost. They seek the path of least resistance. That's how they get their jollies.

      Delete
  6. I am the Momma Bear variety. One of my kids begged me not to come to her high school when a problem arose. So I taught her how to solve it herself and she did. Took me a while to understand the fog of narcissistic parents so we just lived as far away as possible. When we moved back my children recognized their behavior was not ok. My daughter stood up to my mother before I finally did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaching them how to defend themselves is SO critical. Because we really can't do it for them forever, or every time they may need us. We can't always be around, and someday, they'll need to have the skills and knowledge to do it themselves (and maybe someday to protect their own little ones).

      By the time our kids are in high school, I'm hoping they feel confident enough and have enough knowledge on how to handle bullies and other issues they will inevitably face. I'm also hoping that they feel safe enough to come to us (their parents) if they need guidance or don't know what to do. Sometimes, protecting them takes the form of giving them the resources they need to solve their own problems.

      Good on you, Ruth, for doing that for your daughter.

      Delete