Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Not A Single Fuck

Thanks, Mulderfan, for reminding me that I shouldn't be giving one single fuck about what a certain narcissist does with her fucked up life.

For anyone who saw my recent post, I've decided to take it down for a couple of reasons. For one thing, I have to pick the place to draw my line and just draw it already. I don't need to be thinking about what the narcissists are doing for fun these days...I get enough bullshit from them when they send it to my DH, I don't need to be seeking it out in advance.

Who really gives a shit about that narcissists life? Not Jonsi!

If anybody is curious about the post though, I have no problem emailing it to you. Might as well not waste the information, since I already have it. But I don't plan on wasting my time in the Narcissist's Playground anymore.

Fuck 'em.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jonsi,
    I spent a little time in their playground yesterday and it
    raised my bloodpressure. These narcissistic parents all say
    versions of the same thing, and remarkably their prose has the
    same tone and rhetorical moves. They all sound about half as
    intelligent as their estranged children--truly, if you read our blogs,
    as we do in this community, we see the depth of the thought
    and complex understanding of human psychology. We've had to learn,
    our survival depended on it. But the estranged parents, they've learned nothing. They have not bothered to study personality disorders because, of course, none of them have any. So their posts are always banal, overly general, full of cliches and bromides (#1: "We always did the very best we could for her/him." ) There is no self-reflection, EVER. I had to get out of their "parental support site" because it made my stomach hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calibans Sister, you bring up another good point; that's it's just stressful 'haning out' with the narcissists. Why bother going there and doing that to ourselves? It does no good, except maybe for the narcissists in question, who love the drama and of course fucking with our heads.

      I think you nailed them: "They all sound about half as intelligent as their estranged children--truly, if you read our blogs, as we do in this community, we see the depth of the thought and complex understanding of human psychology."

      Delete
  2. second that, fuck 'em! x T Reddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fuck 'em has really become our motto. I think that's going to be Mulderfan's legacy. :o)

      Delete
  3. Jonsi, It's funny but I hesitated before writing that comment, thinking it was a bit too blunt and, given my poor track record with narcs, I'm not in a position to judge others.

    I'm smiling now, because I should have realized that you're a young woman who values honesty and is not afraid of constructive criticism.

    Well done and fuck 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mulderfan, I welcome your honesty. I don't think there is really any such thing as "too blunt." I've crossed that threshold myself loads of time. I'd be a hypocrite if I shied away from that in others.

      Thank you.

      Delete