Friday, July 13, 2012

Eleven For Vicarious

The rules of this game are as follows:

1. Do not talk about Fight Club
2. You must post the rules
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged
5. Tag 11 people with a link to your post
6. Do not change the rules [wink]

My answers:

1. What is your signature food dish? That I like to eat, or that I make? I'll answer both. My favorite food to eat is lobster. I love the texture of the meet and it's flavor reminds me of the ocean. My favorite food to prepare is probably brownies, though I would hardly say it's "signature." People at a party wouldn't automatically say, "Oh those are Jonsi's brownies!" But I do make them super duper fudge-like, which is my favorite way to make them. My secrets are that no matter what the directions say, I only add 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup milk (instead of water) and 1 egg. I always mix semi-sweet chocolate chips in and bake the brownies for a few minutes less time than the directions say. Also, I only make them in a square glass baking dish, never in a dark non-stick. (They bake differently if you do that).

2. What hobby/passion/activity did you enjoy in the past that you wish you had kept up with and what is the main factor keeping you from taking it back up again? Definitely softball. I played for nine years. But, although my love for the game never changed, my interest in putting up with the politics of it did. I hated the "who gets to play because her daddy is coach" game. I just wanted to play, and I was good at the game and could never understand why all the rest of that crap was necessary. The main reason why I haven't taken it up again is because I'm fairly certain I would just embarrass myself at this point. After almost a ten year absence from the sport, I think my skills would be less than ideal. I would almost rather have left the sport at my peak then go back into again and suck.

3. Which fairy tale do you relate to the most? Snow White. Except I'm the prince and DH is Snow White.

4. What is the song that you can sing best? Hallelulah, by Paramore.

5. What was the weirdest thing that someone ever said to you and how did you respond? Once, when I was at one of my favorite bars with a college boyfriend, a dude came over, sat across from me and said, "Hey. You look like you wanna arm wrestle." I remember being annoyed because I was clearly there with a boyfriend and I was insulted to think that he thought I was the kind of girl who would flirt with him anyway. I was also flattered. I remember giving him a look that said, "No, I'm really not interested in arm wrestling with you" and shaking my head, no. He shrugged and left, probably feeling dejected. In hindsight, I think it's one of the most clever pick-up lines ever. It totally would have worked if I'd been single.

6. What smell do you find most offensive? The smell of the street where I used to work - it smelled like a mixture of iron, spray paint, and steaming hot garbage and in the summer it was a thousand times worse.

7. What was the name of your favorite stuffed animal or doll as a kid? I had two: Mr. Bear (aptly named) and Root Dog. I remember asking my dad what I should name my stuffed dog and he said what I thought was "Root Dog." I was picturing Rootbeer (the soda) and thinking that they were both brown so that was perfect. Years later, my dad told me he'd said "Rue Dog" which was the name of a character from some show he'd once seen; and my mom always thought I was calling him "Rude dog."

8. What do you secretly suspect you could do well, but you have never tried? The sport of swimming. I've never tried it because I hate the thought of getting water in my eyes. Also, water skiing. Which I've never tried for the same reason I've never swam competitively.

9. If you were going to picket a cause, what would your sign say? Farcebook!

10. Who wants to live forever? I don't know of anyone who wants to live forever. I think there are plenty of people who would choose to live forever if, and only if, they could maintain their youth and power forever.

11. What would be the title of your Memoir and who would you dedicate it to? Indomitable. To my children.

My questions:

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
2. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
3. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
4. Who do you most admire?
5. If you just won a million dollars, what is one thing you would buy with that money?
6. For the impending zombie apocalypse, what will be your weapon of choice and why?
7.  What is your favorite book?
8. How do you think of yourself - Hero, or villain?
9. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
10. What are three moral rules you will never break?
11. If you could go back in time and tell a younger version of yourself one thing, what would you tell?

Tag, you're it:

Mulderfan, Jessie Sheridan, Lisa, Kiki, Scatha, LSV, (I know you've already done it but I would like to see your answers to these questions too) Just Another DIL (if you want to participate, you can leave your answers in the comments. But no pressure!), J (same thing), Vanci, Sweetness, and Lisette. I'm not going to bother any of you guys by leaving comments on your blogs, but if you happen to come here and want to participate then I'd love to see your answers to my questions. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment