Thursday, June 28, 2012

Change

Ruth, over at We Are One got me thinking about change today. As I often do when I need a pick-me-up, I found a couple of quotes that inspire change. Some of these things have been quoted at me before, during a time in my life when I lost myself and needed help; others are things I'd like to say to someone I love who needs guidance right now. Change is a hard thing, which is why so many people choose not to do it. But I believe that if we are not living in truth, then we are not living at all. I believe that if we are not willing to be real and to do the hard work, then we will never be happy. I believe that love is lived in the truth, and if their is no honesty, then there is no love. Some of the most amazing people I know are so because they changed. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by a very strong and loving extended family unit, as well as this wonderful world of blogging friends - they are my inspiration and my guides. 

The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. -Albert Einstein

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -Andy Warhol

For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. -F.Scott Fitzgerald (**special thanks to Ruth for also posting this quote)

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. -Lao Tzu

Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge. -Ekhart Tolle

The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself. -C. Joybelle

Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… yet, someone survived… You can do anything you choose to do. -Maya Angelou

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. -Tony Robbins

If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? -Steve Jobs 

If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves. -Carl Jung

It's the most unhappy people who most fear change. - Mignon McLaughlin 

4 comments:

  1. Love these, jonsi! Thanks so much for gathering and sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one for your NMIL-maybe you can make a "cute" lil' plaque to color coordinate with her boudoir, preferably next to her favorite "mirror:"
    Beauty Fades
    Dumb Is Forever

    TW

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Jonsi. Thanks for the link to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete