Monday, June 18, 2012

Help

My dear, dear friends and readers, I could use some help today.

I could use a hug, a whisper of love, some words of kindness
a poem, a story, a wish for good luck,
a funny anecdote, or three or four

I could use a quote that reminds me there's still some hope
a conviction that there is light, even in my darkest hour
I could use a little reassurance, even just a bit

I could use a four leaf clover, if you've got one on hand
if not, how about a locker room pep talk
to get me through half-time

I could use some motivation, some lyrics from a favorite song
perhaps a bite of chocolate, do you have some?
I've heard it's good for the heart

I could use a rally, or perhaps a vigil
with little flickering candles lighting my way
and great red balloons to let go of, so the only place I can look is up

I could use a prayer, an encouraging smile, a joke
that will make me laugh
or a handful of chocolate chip cookies

I could use a promise that isn't empty
which you intend to keep
or a care package to help me get through

I could use  a back rub, a virtual one would do
a thank you note, or bouquet of flowers,
a bit of good news that has brightened your day

Please, dear friends and readers, send me your love
it doesn't have to be a big thing
to be extraordinary

12 comments:

  1. (((Jonsi))) You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've turned your life into an open book so those of us behind you can learn how to recover, how to live as the pople we were meant to be - know that you're cherished !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Jonsi. Emotional isolation is tough to feel. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweltering heat here so no cookies!

    Visualize coming over for a big hug and a glass of ice tea while your babies play with my puppies on a shady deck. Maybe we'll put out a splash pool and have some wonderful laughs.

    I like to get off the hamster wheel and day-dream about the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jonsi,
    It must be something in the air, there's a few of us feeling like that at the moment. I'd like to share this song of Mumford&Sons "After the Storm" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3RP1VbUaaA

    ((((Hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am feeling it too lately what with the N IL's ramping up again recently. Sending my love and hugs that you feel better soon. (((hugs)))

    DA xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonsi, I'm sorry you are feeling down. I've been there a lot recently. The poem Invictus always inspires me especially when I'm feeling helpless or that things are just too much. www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/182194

    And chocolate always helps, right? These s'mores cookies are so good! www.crazyforcrust.com/2011/05/smores-cookies.html

    (((Hugs))) Please feel better soon.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs & love & well-wishes!

    If there's anything at all I can do, email me. I'll try. You got me through a rough thanksgiving with your posts. I'd be glad to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you guys. I really needed some positive thoughts and I received all of them. You have all helped lighten my load, even if you didn't leave a message for me. I felt your love and kindness and I appreciate it so much.

    Hugs,

    Jonsi

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Sad" is entirely different than "Depressed."
    I've been sending all kinds of positive thoughts your way. Since I'm not sure that works, I called Silent Unity. Since I'm not religious (I grew up in that whole Catholic school milieu of the '50s and '60s) and religious people make me nervous-like when they come to the door and won't leave when you're polite so you have to slam the door on them, or they insist you need to jump in a pool ("The water is CLEAN, REALLY!") and you have to give them a later moving date than the day the movers are scheduled to arrive so you can get out of dodge before you're drowned in the name of who-ever, this is a big deal. And reeks of desperation. And covering all the bases.
    These folks are "non-denominational." They pray for your "intentions." (I didn't know what to say here, so I blurted out, "Jonsi.") And they pray for you around the clock for 30 days. (I guess it's a "time-limited offer"-please let me know if you need more time.)
    And sometimes life just sucks the big blue one. I don't have an alter, a throne or joss sticks so I'm thinkin' and sendin' as fast as I can. So is my old cat who sleeps most of the time when she's not eating or doing other....stuff.
    I don't know if it'll get better, but I DO know it'll get different.
    PROMISE. xoxo.
    TW

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I don't know if it'll get better, but I DO know it'll get different. PROMISE."

    Thanks TW. Those words were particularly what I needed to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs, we are here for you!

    x

    ReplyDelete