Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Two Years

DH and I have been married for two years, today. It feels as though these two years have flown by, and that's probably because what I have now is what I've waited my whole life for, and good times always seem to move so much faster. In January of 2009, I remember saying to myself, "This is it. This is going to be my year, and things are really going to start looking up." I didn't know what that meant, whether I'd find my soul-mate or land my dream-job, whether I'd meet up with a new best friend, or just have the time of my life.

A month later, I got it all. I met DH and my life began: He's my best friend and soul mate, and together, we've got the best job of them all: parenthood. We really are having the time of our lives.

It's neither here nor there that DH came from such dysfunctional roots - together, we're fighting through the mess his parents left him with, and we're creating a life for ourselves. It's not a life I would trade for anything.

Last night, DH gave me an anniversary gift, and it was a meaningful one for me:


I've been wanting to start collecting these little figurines for years now. I love them because they appeal to my inner-cheeseball and because every piece has a ladybug on it somewhere (I collect ladybugs...it's a big deal.) I thought this piece was particularly cute - DH made a good choice. If he and I were the size of mice, we would TOTALLY sit in glasses of champagne, surrounded by pretty spring blooms, and kiss. But, as it is, this figurine reminds me of a photo that was taken of us in 2009, when I was pregnant with DD. In that photo, we were standing on the beach, with the sun setting behind us, and, with our noses just a fraction apart, we were smiling at each other.

DH, heres to two successful years gone, and many more on the horizon.

For you wake one day,
look around and say, 
somebody wonderful married me.
~ Fred Ebb ~

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    How adorable! I love the "inner cheeseball!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dh is also my best friend and soul friend (I prefer "soul friend" to "soul mate". Probably because NHS and NBIL are always going on about being "soul mates" nonstop.) We'll be celebrating our 12th anniversary this coming September.

    Happy Anniversary to you both! May you have many more wonderful years yet to come and may each year be more wonderful than the previous. <3

    Kristin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [[Kristin]] Thank you, and I really like the idea of "soul friends" instead of "soul mates." The second is definitely an over-used phrase, especially by narcissists!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! So glad two wonderful people found each other. Love, mulderfan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs, congrats on two years and wishing you many more! xo upsi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And may you enjoy many, many more years of love and adventure!
    TW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lovely Lady!

      This really IS an adventure. Life with DH is more exhilarating than I ever could have imagined!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love this, "I met DH and my life began." Congrats on 2 years and to going through some really hard stuff and coming out the other side so much stronger. - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [[J]] Thanks so much for your well-wishes. I could say the same to you, dear one!

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary and wishing you many more happy years! I'm Nyssa but have changed my name on here to Pitstop, which is my DS name, if you want to you can go on DS (daily strength) and read my blog. I'm blogging on there because it's nice and easy to do and I'm not that computer savvy. If you want to join and friend request me, please do! All of my stuff is on there. Been wondering if I should move it to my own blog but can't really do work out how to do it! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete