Saturday, January 14, 2012

People Help the People

This one is for you, my Dear Readers and Vigilant Friends. Thank you for reading and joining DH and I on this journey. Little by little, I believe we are all helping each other.


People Help the People
Birdy
(Original by Cherry Ghost)

God knows what is hiding in those weak and drunken hearts
I guess you kissed the girls and made them cry
Those Hardfaced Queens of misadventure
God knows what is hiding in those weak and sunken eyes
A Fiery throng of muted angels
Giving love but getting nothing back

People help the people
And if your homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
And nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away

God knows what is hiding in this world of little consequence
Behind the tears, inside the lies
A thousand slowly dying sunsets
God knows what is hiding in those weak and drunken hearts
I guess the loneliness came knocking
No one needs to be alone, oh save me

People help the people
And if your homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
Nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned, all those good hearts away

People help the people
And if your homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
Nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned all those good hearts away

4 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful! I've never heard of Birdy before...off to check out her YouTube channel. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be cool if you could reach the frozen heart of a narcissistic with words like this.
    They read a beautiful poem and it is whooosh.
    Flying over their heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, whooosh. You know what that reminds me of, there was this one time toward the end where I went with my mom to this nice museum here called the Getty Center and it had this amazing view of Beverly Hills. I remember just being shocked by how incredibly green and pretty Beverly Hills was from above, with all the trees rising up like little domes. My mom was next to me so I said to her, I think this is so beautiful. She gave me the weirdest look, like she smiled like she was amused with me. I swear she was laughing at me inside. She also didn't care at all and promptly turned on her heel, like I had just annoyed her or done something really weird. She'd rather be anywhere doing anything than paying attention or caring about me and me, by saying that, had just committed the worst and most exasperating crime possible. She was so annoyed with me. I had just shared something nice about me and she had this look like "Fuck, are you a skunk?" It was so clear.

      Delete
  3. Lisa, sounds like you might have committed the crime of not hanging on her every word; you paid attention to the landscape for a few seconds instead of just exclusively her. --quartz

    ReplyDelete