Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where Am I?

I apologize for the lack of posts this past week, Dear Readers. Although I have gone longer stretches without posting, this is the first time I've really felt anxious about not writing. Maybe it's because of the rapidly approaching Christmas holiday and New Years that I feel a particular urgency to write and I feel a little like I'm letting my readers down by not doing so.

Never fear! I have a few posts up my sleeve and am just waiting for some longer stretches of time to create them. DH and I are re-doing our upstairs bathroom - the whole shebang! My husband gutted it last week and it looked like the inside of an old cabin. It was also completely unusable, which is not fun, but we're lucky enough to have another full bath downstairs that we can use for the time-being. Anyway, by the time we're done, it will have been a two week process and the whole thing is exhausting, even though I haven't done any of the work myself. (Consider me the director in this particular project).

It's been tough not having the use of our main bathroom and I've had to spend a lot of time at my parent's house - which isn't a bad thing, it's just tiring lugging our babies back and forth by myself all day and never really catching a break. (DH has been working long days and well into the night to get this project done, so he's been here but can't afford the time to help out with the babes - all totally understandable...and fine with me since I'm getting a brand-new bathroom out of the deal!)

Anyway, I'm going to try and churn out a couple posts in the next couple days, as I'm itching to write and share my thoughts with you.

Thoughtfully yours,

Jonsi

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you! We redid our Master Bath two years ago and it was a hellish two weeks and I didn't have two little ones to deal with. Hang in there - it will be worth it. And kudos to your DH for taking on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindi - I agree with you. These two weeks will be totally worth it when all is said and done! And now I know I'm not the only one out there who's had to deal with the inconvenience of losing our main bathroom for a couple weeks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an exciting project. Congratulations to DH for taking on the project. So many parts and pieces and talents to put something like that together. Gook idea to take the little people out from under foot. This is great team work with a great reward afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. The holidays are stressful all by themselves, without adding more, even when it's good stress, knowing you'll have a lovely new bath when all the mess is over. Bless DH for doing it. And bless you, as routines are out of whack, which isn't easy, especially on little ones.

    ReplyDelete