Monday, November 14, 2011

With No Hope For Redemption

In honor of the upcoming Christmas season, DD, DS and I have been watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas songs. I know, we get in the holiday spirit awfully early around here. Our holiday cheer starts pretty much the day after Halloween. I've always loved Christmas and I would listen to Christmas music year-round if everyone would let me. (I've been known to listen to some holiday tunes in the middle of summer!) Anyway, we recently watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and I was struck by the rather humorous thought that NMIL is like the Grinch, with no hope for redemption. Her heart is two sizes too small, (if it's even in there at all) and there is just no hope that it will grow any larger from it's current shriveled-up state.

So, I thought I'd share with you the oh-so-famous lyrics (accompanied by a music video, of course) of "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch," composed by Albert Hague, performed by Thurl Ravenscroft, and lyrics by Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel.

How many of you can just see that "evil Grinchy grin" all over your NP's faces this time of year? And how many of you think that their hearts will ever grow any larger (or reappear from their long-time absence?) My guess is that Narcs are grinches without any sort of hope for redemption.

 

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.

I wouldn't touch you, with a
thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

You're a vile one, Mr. Grinch.
You have termites in your smile.
You have all the tender sweetness
Of a seasick crocodile.
Mr. Grinch.

Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the seasick crocodile.

You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
Mr. Grinch.

The three words that best describe you, are as follows, and I quote:

Stink! Stank! Stunk!

You're a rotter, Mr. Grinch.
You're the king of sinful sots.
Your heart's a dead tomato splotched
With moldy purple spots,
Mr. Grinch.

Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing
with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable
rubbish imaginable,
Mangled up in tangled up knots.

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseaus super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked hoss.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich
With arsenic sauce!

4 comments:

  1. I've been listening to Christmas music all month (and I do in the middle of summer, sometimes, too) and I have Christmas reads that I enjoy every year. If I'm going to make it through them all, I have to start early. So glad I'm not alone! LOL! And yes, I really hate that little grinch smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right down to trying to get rid of the Christmas tree. Well I was sneaky. I persuaded my GCBrother to go in with me for a Christmas tree for my Dad. Now NM won't get rid of it because it came from him and his girls. Dad now decorates 'his' tree every year. (Happy Chuckle) Interesting thing about narcissistics, they are so predictable that counteracting their moves can become fairly simple once their tactics are recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonsi you make me smile! Love the grinch and Christmas everything!!!! Wow my tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. [[Untwistedsister]]

    Glad I could make you smile! :o)

    ReplyDelete