“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”
I am thankful for:
* My dear husband and beautiful babies. They are what I always hoped for.
* Our house - I love that it is OURS, that we bought it, that we worked hard for it and are making it our own. I love that we've put so much effort into fixing it up and that it STILL needs a lot of work. There's always something to be done and it keeps us busy. But it's more than just a house, it's got heart, it's a home.
* My health and the health of my loved ones.
* My parents, my brothers, and their spouses.
* Ballpoint pens, with which to write.
* Stamps, so I can mail letters to friends and loved ones. (I'm still a fan of the hand-written note).
* Digital photography. I have tons of photos of my babies that I love to frame and decorate our house with. I think pictures of loved ones are so much more personal than buying artwork from a store.
* Do-It-Yourself websites and magazines.
* Santa's Whiskers
* Who's Pulling Your Strings, by Harriet B. Braiker
* Semi-sweet chocolate
* Lilies and ladybugs
* Tax refunds - We're re-doing our upstairs bathroom with the money we got from taxes last year and I am SO excited.
* Aldis Food Store (Love it! I have no idea how anyone could afford buying groceries before!)
* My fertility. Seriously. It was always my biggest dream to have babies. Being a mom was something I'd never thought I'd be lucky enough to experience. Now that I'm a mom with a growing family I fully appreciate what my body can do and that I was lucky enough to find a wonderful partner to make beautiful babies with.
* Caller ID, answering machines that can be shut off, and the ability to change cell phone numbers with ease.
* Red wine (when I'm not pregnant or nursing, I rather enjoy a glass every now and then).
* Cook books - specifically the ones that are about baking and dessert-making.
* Window seats and reading nooks.
* Autumn - fall is my favorite season. I love the crispness of the air, the smell of the leaves, and the baking, oh! the baking. Pumpkin pie, cookies, and cakes galore!
* Scrapbook paper.
* Christmas trees, of all shapes and sizes, and ornaments to decorate them with. My mom gave each of her children a new ornament every year, so that when we moved out, we had a whole box of ornaments with which to decorate our own Christmas trees. I have so many beautiful ornaments and I love sitting by the tree when it's all decorated and just looking at it, mug of tea or hot cocoa in hand. It's scrumptious, all of it.
* Metal measuring cups. (I had plastic ones before. They all broke).
* Scented candles.
* White paint - I love the look of white painted furniture. My mom has found me so many awesome pieces of furniture (cabinets, dressers, coffee tables, etc) that I have painting plans for.
Anyway, given that Turkey Day is just a few days away, I wanted to do a post about some of the things I'm thankful for. What are you thankful for, Dear Reader?