Monday, June 6, 2011

#thingsuglypeopledo

It took me all of five minutes to go through Exhibit A's tweets and pull out the ones that I think are most telling about who she really is. I did this recently when I was thinking about the false-self that people present to the world. I think Twitter allows for these types of people to get the most amount of NS, with the smallest amount of effort.

For your viewing pleasure:

June 15, 2010
i'm a prima donna; i can rule the world.

June 25, 2010
i never wish bad things, but i don't wish you well..

July 3, 2010
Doubt you'll see this but [Person's name] IS THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAG OF ALL TIME.

July 6, 2010
I hate being a grown up.. ):

July 9, 2010
I'm starting to realize there is not one good soul in the world..

July 23, 2010
you will die alone.

July 23, 2010
not only will you die alone, but you'll have crabs.

July 25, 2010
Don't change yourself for anybody but yourself...be happy with who u are! Someone will appreciate and adore u just as you are.

July 29, 2010
i wonder why you act like a jerk to me. i've done nothing wrong.

July 29, 2010
You are so childish it makes me sick.

August 1, 2010
I wouldn't know the #thingsuglypeopledo. I'm beautiful on the inside & outside. Mainly outside.

August 10, 2010
I wonder what it would be like to wake up in the morning & not be awesome. I'll never have that problem.

August 17, 2010
I help people more than I help myself..

August 17, 2010
I'm so nice..

August 22, 2010
You will pay. Your day will come & God will show you no mercy.

August 23, 2010
If you don't want to hang out with me then don't. don't make up excuses. Really sick of this garbage. I thought I was done with high school?

September 1, 2010
Everyone that's coming in is sooo annoying!

September 1, 2010
wow.. so many people should be punched in the mouth..

September 13, 2010
Feel like shit & hate my coworkers.

September 17, 2010
#icandowithout ignorant people.

October 2, 2010
Maybe one day you'll come back..

October 16, 2010
so many thing changing. i don't like change.

October 17, 2010
i don't know if you know how much you hurt me.. why is it still bothering me?

October 22, 2010
#iwanttopuncheveryone

November 14, 2010
Jesus Christ my family is fucked up

November 20, 2010
I love when people my age act like they're 14. It's like "I know you are but what am I?" all over again..

November 25, 2010
Hahahahaha what a DOUCHEBAG!

November 25, 2010
I'll message you on Facebook about it later.. Haha I wanted to beat someone's face into their skull.

December 1, 2010
if you don't have anything nice to tweet then don't tweet anything at all. bullies never prosper.

December 1, 2010
I want 5 kids once I'm married. Got to get on it!

December 6, 2010
I'm trying to be a better person & friend.. We all have a story.

December 19, 2010
Your day will come dickface.. Your. day. will. come.

January 2, 2011
don't hate.

January 2, 2011
you can't let little things bother you. do what you like and don't worry about anyone else. #2011advice

January 5, 2011
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to.

January 2011
10 days until my birthday and 9 until my pup's!
IT'S MAH BIRFDAY IN A WEEEEEK.
ew, i'm going to be 22.
just went birthday shopping for myself. :D
i just bought these shoes for my birthday. (: i think it's a tradition.
I need something to wear for my birthday!
It's my #birthday on 1/11 & all I want is for [twitter-friend] to #wish me a happy birthday. (:
What do I want for my birthday? Any ideas?
really tired. i want to sleep. i've been up since 7am but i need to stay awake until midnight... my birthday! :D
my birthday in an hour and 13 mins! woohoo!
40 minutes! #birthdaycountdown
8 minutes! #birthdaycountdown
It's my birthday!! Woohoo!!
[twitter-friend] it's my birthday!!! :D
The first person that texted me happy birthday; unexpected from them..
#HappyBirthdaytoMe
i wasn't having a great birthday but it turned out amazing.
it's only my birthday for 5 more minutes :(

January 15, 2011
I bet the people who are so nasty over the internet would NEVER talk like that to the persons face #FACT

January 20, 2011
No regrets, just love.

January 21, 2011
Accountability is a big problem. Too many people want to place blame somewhere else and too many accept that. Grow the $%# up already!

February 5, 2011
Ugh I HATE bratty children!!!

February 5, 2011
Very close to not serving that family... Hate people like that.

February 7, 2011
sooo someone has been watching my every move on the internet..?

February 7, 2011
someone apparently hates me so much, they made a blog about it. lmao wow.

February 7, 2011
hah thanks. at first i was like upset but then i realized they're ANONYMOUS so they can't even say it to my face, what dicktits.

February 22, 2011
In life people will make you mad, disrespect you & treat you bad. Let God deal with them because hate in your heart will consume you too.

March 5, 2011
No one ever takes my advice.. They always do the opposite. I think I'll stop helping since you don't listen.

March 5, 2011
I'd rather have an enemy who says that they hate me than to keep a "friend" whose mission is to put me down secretly.

March 7, 2011
i miss him too. have you spoken to him recently?
[in response to SIL's tweet: I miss my brother.#waitwhatbrother]

March 15, 2011
someone seriously went through a lot of trouble to tell me they hate me when they're anonymous. seriously? #idgaf.

March 15, 2011
i will annihilate you.

March 16, 2011
I enjoy when people hate me. You're spending your time thinking about me & I don't know who you are. Whose life is pathetic again?

March 19, 2011
i hate when people tell me no.

April 5, 2011
i'm always around and help people yet no one can do the same for me. cool.

April 12, 2011
i hate people from [town next-door]...

April 14, 2011
Ugh I hate you donnnnnn...

April 23, 2011
#stayawayfrommeif you are a negative person!

April 27, 2011
just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth, so everyone can hear. hit me with the worst you got and knock me down, baby i don't care..

April 27, 2011
this is my cousin who saved the boy's life!! [link to news story] :) so proud of him!

May 3, 2011
Ignorant people bother me so much.

May 11, 2011
RETWEET if you're no longer friends with someone who you once called your best friend..

May 14, 2011
Love is so much louder than hate. #standforequality.

May 21, 2011
Saw the cutest babies last night. I want either a baby or a puppy! Haha

May 24, 2011
stupid people should be put in a pit in the ground. THE END.

May 27, 2011
People are so pathetic sometimes. Seriously, grow up.

This girl uses twitter as her soapbox to preach about love, but at the same time she spews hatred left and right. She is as childish and immature as she claims others to be, but she doesn't seem to see it. On the contrary, she seems to think the world of herself and that she can do no wrong. She seems as self-serving as any of the Narcs I have known in my life, and is just as superficial. She even goes on forever about her birthday, in a grandiose attempt at attention-seeking. Talk about a need for constant and instant gratification!

I am struck by the hypocrisy of many of her statements. On the one hand, she says, "I'm so nice." On the other, "wow...so many people should be punched in the mouth." In other words, her "niceness" is just a false front. I find myself wondering if half the shit she says on the internet ever gets said to the people she's actually hating all over.

I feel the urge to share some Carl Jung philosophy on this matter. Highlighting for emphasis, mine: Every individual needs revolution, inner division, overthrow of the existing order, and renewal, but not by forcing them upon his neighbors under the hypocritical cloak of Christian love or the sense of social responsibility or any of the other beautiful euphemisms for unconscious urges to personal power (Jung, 1966:5).

It is under all circumstances an advantage to be in full possession of one's personality, otherwise the repressed elements will only crop up as a hindrance elsewhere, not just at some unimportant point, but at the very spot where we are most sensitive. If people can be educated to see the shadow-side of their nature clearly, it may be hoped that they will also learn to understand and love their fellow men better. A little less hypocrisy and a little more self-knowledge can only have good results in respect for our neighbor; for we are all too prone to transfer to our fellows the injustice and violence we inflict upon our own natures (Jung, 1966:par. 28).

A person like Exhibit A just uses her poor self-esteem as an excuse to spread her toxic hate all over the place. I know for a fact that some of the above tweets were about DH or myself. Others I'm not so sure, and I am not self-centered enough to believe they are all about us. Actually, I think people like her tend to surround themselves by so-called "haters." On the blog in which she spewed her shit-lined claims about DH, she also spoke about other "friends" of hers in a similar manner.

I'm betting, Dear Reader, that if you read through her tweets, above, a couple times, you'll See her for what she really is: a pitifully small and pathetic coward with such little regard for the feelings of others that she represents a possible Narc-in-the-making. She says she wants five children. That scares me, more than anything.

9 comments:

  1. Jonsi, this is fantastic. Wow! What a pathological. Didn't take more than a few lines to see what we're dealing with here. Love this post and your reference to Jung. Narcissists are exposing themselves right, left and centre in this new age of attention seeking, "look at me, me, me!" Exhibitionism "A" makes Charlie Sheen look like a Saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Title of your blog says it all...once we open our eyes, it's SO easy to SEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisette - Exhibitionism A! That's fantastic! I bet if she read my blog, she would say (about all the "attention" she's getting): That's called WINNING!

    Mulderfan - It took me a while to come up with an appropriate title for my blog. I thought I nailed it with that title, too. It's all about being real, and opening our eyes to really See the world around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Facebook was bad, but Twitter is the ultimate narcissist's plaything. I think that's why I try to refrain from Twitter - do people really need to know my every waking thought, action, whim? Apparently, there are people that have that pathological need and Twitter fills it nicely. I'll stay away, thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious - WINNING!! I laughed out loud, or as Exhibitionism A would tweet - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking she's all ready hit the trifecta of narcissism and the pattern is not going to change.....re: Her "Birthday" stuff, she not only will not remain "Forever 21," she will remain perpetually 2-going-on-3 yrs. old, emotionally stunted at about that stage of development. "EEWWWWWW."
    So it's a choice between kids and puppies, huh? I'd suggest a tubal ligation now for the benefit of society and some kind of measures to ensure she should never have access to any kind of pet.
    No living thing deserves the fate likely to come their way with her "in control."
    Narcs don"t become "prettier" as they age-inside OR out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anon - Great points! You picked out some of the really key issues with Exhibit A's Twitter garbage. You're probably right, and she's already a narc. Her immaturity and skewed sense of reality are great indications of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was in a bit of a rush this AM, so with all of your indulgence, please allow me to expand a bit on the "trifecta" of narcissism-thanks.
    1: Total self-absorption, because it's all about me first, last, always. I am the center of the universe, and don't you DARE ever forget it!
    2:Drama, drama drama....because I AM the center of the universe; however, because my universe is so small it only involves me and who ever I can recruit/agrees with "my side.."
    3:The only way I can feel good about my empty self is when others feel "bad" vis-a-vie my "pronouncements" of their personal qualities....even though I seem to lack a genuine sense of myself beyond denigrating others who seem (and do) possess that which I don't; a rock-solid sense of myself so my emptiness predisposes me to denigrate those who have what I what I am lacking....a core identity and therefore, no reason to compare, feel in competition with in any way with anyone.
    I can well understand why your DH would end up with a "friend" such as this...it's familiar when you grow up in this kind of foo....it's as I call it "comfortably uncomfortable."

    Now in NPD speak we can dissect all of her "tweets'-but let's just look at one: "You will die alone." Huh. Can you say, "My biggest fear is that I WILL DIE ALONE?" Interesting one so young should be confronted with their finiteness and run from it. I'm here to "comfort" this....woman. No, you will not die alone....your "celly" will allow you to die on the floor of an 8x10 after slitting your throat-what's she have to loose? She's doing life with out parole anyway and your self-involvement was annoying beyond belief to another pd. And if you don't get caught up in the criminal justice system you will die alone because you have managed to alienate all in your sphere through out your life.

    IMO, the fear of death is normal and in many ways, a great motivator. However, the rage, self-importance, narc self-love/belief in their beauty/perfection ensures they are a legend in their own mind, a sadistic jester in the real world. How unfortunate your "beauty" (internally and externally according to you) is your passport to the "good (empty) life." Beauty fades; narcissism is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Anon! (Am I to assume you were the same Anon as above?)

    I found myself nodding along as I was reading what you wrote.

    So.

    Spot.

    On.

    Excellent analysis. I do believe you said it a million times better than I did.

    Though every point you made was a good one, I felt particularly akin to this one:

    "I can well understand why your DH would end up with a "friend" such as this...it's familiar when you grow up in this kind of foo....it's as I call it "comfortably uncomfortable.""

    Yes, it absolutely seems that DH felt "comfortable" in his discomfort with a "friend" such as this. It's all he ever knew. He was surrounded by narcissism - Exhibit A was even hand-picked by his NM to be a part of his "core" group as a child. She was always there, and therefore, he felt obligated to be in her life and to let her into his.

    Not any more. As he is opening his eyes, he is starting to See these people for who they really are.

    And you have so nailed their ugliness to the wall in your comment.

    Right on!

    ReplyDelete