Monday, May 2, 2011

Keep on Callin' My Name, I'll Be There

DH and I are fighting the good fight together. I am proud of what he is doing and the battle he's chosen to fight with his dysfunctional FOO. He's not fighting because he wants to hurt anyone, and it's not his fault that they are blind to his motives. He is choosing to Wake Up, to See things for what they are, and he recognizes that the path he has chosen is not an easy one.

I am happy I met DH, and happy that we've chosen each other. I am happy we've decided to live this beautiful life together. No one can tear us apart, because we won't let them. It's time to show the world that this is it: they can take it, or leave it. And if they choose the latter, that's their loss.

**Title Credit: Superstitious, by Europe

4 comments:

  1. It can feel like an insurmountable obstacle, but it is important to face reality. It can be impossibly challenging to have skirmish after skirmish with people who supposedly love you. My anchor, since the beginning, is this simple mental reminder:

    I am telling my truth. I am being real. I will not go back to the way it was before.

    Whatever they try, whatever they throw at you, to be anchored in your truth is an unassailable place to be.

    I'm so happy that you have each other. That's a hellava foundation, and I know you'll make it through this stronger, closer, and better for it. It might not always seem that way, but hey, we know a couple eggs gotta get broken to make an omelet. Change is HARD. Letting go of the old ways, learning new ways - this is HARD WORK.

    But it's healthy work. It's noble work.

    Keep on fightin' the good fight. I'll be there every step of the way, cheering you on.

    xo
    upsi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upsi - Hugs, all around. Thank you for your support. I think, when things get tough, I'll remind DH:

    You are telling your truth. You are being real. You will not go back to the way it was before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And most importantly: You DON'T HAVE to go back to the way it was before. Tell the truth, let the sky fall. Love will find a way.

    If his NM loves him, she will find a way to embrace his truth.

    I'll leave the other part of that notion to inference.

    xo
    upsi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will need reminding.
    But I am glad to be doing this work.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete